- 2 store-bought bakery croissants
- 8 slices deli ham (I chose baked honey glazed ham, but any flavor would work! I'm planning on incorporating Spam in it too! It has to very thinly sliced though)
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (Or any type of cheese really)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 eggs
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Dash of rosemary
- Dash of red pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Slice the croissants in half lengthwise. Lay the sliced croissants in a jumbo muffin pan or in a ramekin or in my case, in a heart shaped dessert tray!
- Line 2 pieces of ham into the cavities of each half and top them all with a slice of cheese and a few slices of tomato. Crack an egg into each “pocket” and sprinkle them with a little salt and pepper, rosemary and red pepper (go easy on the red pepper!)
- Bake until the eggs have set, it took me around 30 minutes, but perhaps it was because of my dessert tray, but 15 - 20 minutes should do for a slightly runny yolk.
Update: Redid the recipe, except I used a muffin pan and used some different ingredients. Instead of ham, I used spam, and instead of a full egg, I filled the mini croissants with beaten egg with spring onions. They turned out more like a mini quiche than anything else, but took a lot less effort and time. These would be perfect hors de ordervs!