- 1 2/3 cups white sugar (or brown sugar for a healthier alternative)
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Then all you have to do is...
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Combine 1 2/3 cups white/brown sugar, butter or margarine, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Blend well.
- Shape dough into equal sized balls. Combine 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon. Roll dough in sugar/cinnamon mixture and place at least 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake 8 minutes - no more no less, but do check to see if they look at least solid when the 8 minutes are up, if not, then leave it in there for another minute, but do NOT let it go past 10, otherwise they just become too..generic. Immediately remove from cookie sheets.
Update : also made cinnamon streusel muffins with a crunchy, bittersweet chocolate topping. Ahh. Cinnamon overdose is always good.